Wednesday, January 09, 2002

WHO AM I?

Who am I?
When I look at myself,
in the mirror,
what do I see?
I see me.
People want me to change.
they want me to
look the way they look,
dress the way they dress,
to think the way they think,
to be like them.
Well, I'm not them.
Why should I pretend that I am?
Who am I?
I am me.
But what do you see?
You probably look at me
and think that I'm stupid.
Well, I'm not.
I look the way I like.
I dress the way I like.
I think the way I like.
I like to be me.
Who am I?
I'm a person,
Who is not afraid of being herself.
The real question is,
Who are you?
You most likely dress,
like everyone else.
You probably look,
like everyone else.
You probably think,
like everyone else.
Well, are you an individual
or a part of the crowd?
Forever, short it may be.
Face it, if you're like this,
you'll be alone.
I might be now,
but I got plans.
My guess is the only thing
you plan is what to wear.
If you want to change me
first take a good look at yourself.
I'm happy being me.
The question is, Are you?
Does it make you mad
that I'm different
and love it?
I ask, Are you happy
with yourself?
If not why?
If so why?
Fashion will go soon.
Then what?
I always have my own style,
so mine is new and different
all the time.
Yours might be gone within a year.
So who am I?
Who are you?
Are you proud?
I am.
Are you different?
I am.
Are you happy?
I am.
Are you messin' with something
that can't be messed with?
Not me. I change only what needs to be.
So I'm proud of being me.
Are you?

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

<< Home